Monday, July 23, 2012

Solution for TortoiseSVN 1.7 breaking JDeveloper Projects

...well, so much for updating regularly, huh?

Anyways, came across a sort of interesting problem at work, and I figured I'd write up.  Came in one morning with a couple of things on my to-do list that dealt with my Java, so I fired up JDeveloper.  Start trying to dig into the folder structure to get some stuff done when all of a sudden I'm struck with a case of the oh-God-everything-is-blowing-up's.  Specifically, I was getting a metric ton of these:

Previously reported error [IllegalStateException in o.i.explorer.IconOverlayTracker$NodeWatcher:802] in Feedback - Log

Which, you know, is fairly self explanatory.  Or...not.  So after a bit of digging, I discovered that the network team updated TortoiseSVN to version 1.7 the night before and my local repo had been updated.  A bit odd that updating SVN caused JDeveloper to break, but after enough digging I found this forum post:

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2332837

Which, sure enough, mentions the error and SVN.  Tried the solution that "Suganth" posted and sure enough it worked.  To fix this issues so you can work on your projects again go to:

Tools -> Preferences -> Versioning -> General

And then uncheck "Use Navigator State Overly Icons" and "Use Navigator State Overly Labels".  Life should be (marginally) better!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the inforamtion, it s useful

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. life should be (marginally) better.. actually, you're right. this problem got solved. but life throws many more to solve.. ;) LOL..
    anyways, thanks for sharing...

    http://blogs.freditech.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, it helped!

    ReplyDelete